Friday, February 24, 2017

Inquiry: How does a heart freeze?

Inquiry: How does a heart freeze?
Fact: A bubble
surrounded by cold air
freezes
One moment fragile enough
to burst
at the exhalation
of my breath
pushing
thoughts into words
to dissipate into nothingness
hiding in the atmosphere
rejoining the air around it
around me
Declaration: I am here
I affirm
It is the cold that makes it so
frozen into solidity
now fragile in a different form
which I can see
regret as it breaks
into recognizable pieces
that just lay there
until the sun warms
the pieces
transforming them into
water
subliming
bit by bit 
Conclusion: After all
the end is the same
nothing lost
or gained
For a fleeting moment
I observe
There is too much nature
to grasp
too much equilibrium
to own
Will I solidify
frozen into opacity
in icy solitude
will Love
feed me
transform me
into water
and
a suitable meal for worms
Will I fly off
into ethereal spirit
separated
from this brief
called Life
Exegetical Query: For whom will it matter?
Lelanda Lee 2-23-17

No comments: