Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Breaking Up is Hard to Do


[Dedicated to all who risk entering into relationships.
 It may not feel like it sometimes, but it's worth it.]

Night
When I close my eyes
hieroglyphs and petroglyphs
stream across
my red veined eyelids
I tilt my head
listening to the sound
of all the breaking hearts
everywhere
across the time-space continuum
a cacophony
it is the music of the human condition

Reflection
If you feel bad
you’re right on target
crossing all the checkpoints
beginning with shock and surprise
that lock down your thoughts
unable to object
events roll right over you
if you’re on this ride
it’s only because
you got stuck in the mechanism
of promise-making
you didn’t choose to buy this ticket

Waking
Falling onto the tracks
the train barreling down
there’s nothing left to say
nothing to think about
only your brain trying
to figure out
who’s that screaming?

No comments: