Monday, March 2, 2009

Prelude on a Rainy Afternoon

1.

Making the first move
you left no messages
Filling me
with adamantium
you promised
futurity
longevity
forgiveness

Heroic
with choices
I succumbed

2.

Others
would have built 
a house
creative urges
suffused
Potency
affirmed
out loud

Scavenging 
abandoned dreams
we chose 
chaos
and 
connection

3.

The aging flower
turns its head
refusing to face the sun
pathology of DNA
mutation of desire
The gardener 
tentative
restrained
the grafting
nearly done

A fight 
against
nihilism 
and 
blame

4.

To be magus
for a day
hoary 
with visions
rendering
eternity
Mitsvah:
distilling
you

Regret 
comes unbidden
even to the brave


2 comments:

Laurie Gudim and Rosean Amaral said...

Dang you have some good lines!

Here're my faves, today:

"To be magus
for a day
hoary
with visions
rendering
eternity
Mitsvah:
distilling
you"

I had to look up Mitsvah. It's perfect. And I love the imagery of distilling someone. It makes me think of bunson burners and clean glassware, removing impurities through boiling -- very alchemical. And "hoary with visions" -- a phrase to savor.

C said...

I get it.